The Key to High Level Romantic Relationships
Resentment is the #1 poison that impacts romantic relationships, and here is one of the keys to avoiding it.
You MUST make the time and space to regularly bring up anything in the relationship that is not feeling good to you.
1) Courage on the part of both people.
2) A safe space in the relationship to bring things up.
3) Clarity on how you would like to be treated (your boundaries AND your deepest desires).
4) A belief that this relationship is so important that it is an absolute disservice NOT to bring it up.
5) A belief that romantic relationship provides the opportunity for you + the other person to rise into your highest selves, and that you can rise to the occasion of becoming the best human you can be through this relationship.
Conscious, open, healthy communication in relationships is SO key. Do not take this as an opportunity to dump things on the other person, shame them, or point fingers. Express yourself from the place of loving the relationship SO much that you need to clear the air in order to evolve the partnership into the highest version possible.
How does it feel inside your body when you think about bringing something up in your relationship that doesn't feel good to you?
Leigh-Anne is a psychologist based in Los Angeles specializing in next-level love, sex, and relationships. She is the founder of Feminine Rising, a global community for women. You can find her on Instagram @feminine__rising